Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Is It Wrong To Lose Weight For A Man?

    We may have all said this to our friends and ourselves at some point "I don't need to lose weight for anyone but myself!"  However what we really might be thinking is 'That hot guy i've had my eyes on forever would never date a girl that looks like me! I need to lose weight so he might look in my direction... *sigh*'

  I wanted to weigh in on what women these days are really losing weight for... Is it because of media stereotypes on what we should look like?  Is it because we want to feel better about how we look for ourselves or for other people?  Or is it just because we're told that its good to diet and exercise?

  Last night I posted that I needed a hot male to come over and cook me dinner with his shirt off.  I was totally joking of course but I was actually surprised that that led to a 2 hour long messaging session with one of the hottest guys i've ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on!  He's a personal trainer, actor, and model... *sigh* I haven't seen him in years and I caught myself thinking 'If he only knew what I looked like now he would sooooo not be interested!'  And because I know that he's a personal trainer I was completely candid about ummm fat concerns.

  He said not only would we have dinner but that he would take me for a ride on his motorcycle... Thank god this was just a Facebook chat because I laughed so hard at the thought of me getting on that bike and tipping it over!!!  The funny thing was that I totally told him this and he just laughed. (What a good sport)...  When it came down to picking the date for our date I told him to call me in a couple of weeks... he asked why, and I told him that my reason for the long delay was so that way i could drop a few pounds! LMAO! (or at least hide them with one of those fad diets I hate... you drop 10 pounds in two weeks, and the minute you stop the diet those pounds come flying back at you like metal to a magnet!)

  You might be thinking to yourself 'I would never say those kinds of things to a guy!'... well and if anyone knows me, they know I have no shame and complete candor in these kinds of situations...

  Back to my original topic... Is it wrong to WANT to lose weight for someone else?  I think 'no'... and my reason for this is that YOU are the one losing the weight to get what YOU want.  Plain and simple... so it is really about YOU!  So what if your flimsy excuse for it is a man, or that dress you've always wanted, or that 3 months of summer that we all hate because we know it means we have to bear more skin... who cares!?!?  If its those things that drive you, then I say DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment